A senior health administrator has been selected to help the Nova Scotia government reduce the number of health authorities from 10 to two. Patrick Lee, CEO of the Pictou County Health Authority, has been appointed to lead a transition team and advise the government on its plan to cut the number of health boards. The
As you visit friends and family this Easter, you may consider bringing them a potted plant or a bouquet of blooms. However, CityNews gardening specialist Frankie Flowers warns against Easter lilies if the person has a cat.
- Have you had a conversation with your family about how you want your end-of-life care to be handled?
- Ontario students heading to school this fall will have to show they have all their required vaccinations
- Two new public service announcements from Testicular Cancer Canada aim to raise awareness about the disease
Nova Scotia’s deputy chief medical officer of health says the province lacks a centralized electronic system to quickly track vaccination records. Dr. Frank Atherton says the records system is currently paper-based and the documents are held by the district health authorities, which makes it difficult to find out how many children are vaccinated. Atherton says
Three provinces in Atlantic Canada are joining forces to measure the distress of cancer patients. Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador have been awarded $1 million over three years from the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer through Health Canada. Dr. Janice Howes of Cancer Care Nova Scotia says the provinces have similar health
- New study finds one in 10 men suffer from moderate to severe post-partum depression
- Researchers raising questions about the safety of medication commonly prescribed to pregnancy mothers for morning sickness
- Is being married to a doctor the best medicine for marriage?
- Ontario’s information & privacy commissioner is investigating after four Ontarians were denied entry to the U.S. on due to their mental health history
- Research suggests there are some very specific reasons that people don’t like their jobs
- As allergy season kicks into high gear, some advice on how to copy with sinus problems
Food and nutrition expert Rose Reisman offers healthier meat selections for Easter and Passover meals.
- Spring officially arrived a couple of weeks ago but the warmer weather has been slow to arrive
- Pope Francis has asked for forgiveness from people who were sexually abused by priests
- Supreme Court of Canada rules offenders can receive extra credit for time spent in custody before they are sentenced
The IWK Health Centre in Halifax has received a financial boost from a group of New Brunswick Jean Coutu store owners.
The group of 21 businesspeople have donated a total of $210,000 to the neonatal and pediatric intensive care units at the hospital.